Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oh Agony!

Oh Agony! Please depart
so one of us can sleep,
I know you won't sleep well alone
either. Tear me off so I can
dream.

Oh Agony! Dry my squinted eyes
I no longer tell well if the sun
is bright or the moon dim
and so I narrow my doors to
see.

Agony, my dear, come be my love
for this week and next,
passing that number there is
held no certainty, other than what I
hold.

Drop.

Agony, my dear, forgive my reckless
fingers and bulging wrists; they are your
afflictions driven into my palms
to force a selfish shallow sacrifice of
desire.

Drop.

Recurrence clenches fists into habits,
heart's pressure blocking out reason for stable change.
Stagnant rapids are what I desire now.

Agony, my fateful guilt and favorite train,
crash into faces that hold meaning
and cry into apathetic arms
bulging or not, you dissolve with a shake into
cumulus.

Oh Agony! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment