Thursday, April 26, 2012

Morning Walk


Drizzled down the melancholy morning streets:
gray, brisk, maintaining filthy runoff to the sea.
I stepped in puddles on my way.

I couldn’t wait for a walk sign
so I was brushed by four wheels and a tin can,
missing its century too: no blame.

Finally, my sopping, asphalt-muddied shoes
met with the sand stew, refuted the reservoir.
My eyes dotted, one each, with the morning drizzle. 

Low breezes played an Aeolian harp
between my ears and eyes: active temple.
Surely, the clouds can’t defeat the sun.

Mountains sizzling: cooled lava storms
erasing love’s flow by drowning.
“it’s not about killing myself.”  

The smoke billows inland: a warning
for the earthy ice cubes trapping moments
at superior altitudes: keep it cool.

I watch the circumventing sun
silhouette a brutish, war-torn storm;
dreams of invisible drainage set us apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment