Friday, January 25, 2013

Pass


I can’t underline anything
without crossing it out
(at least partially)
if not completely.

In writing that line
I made so many mistakes

can I gain my own forgiveness?
            ….with the same tools
with which I crucified myself.

That lad who passed upon greenery lake
saw inside himself: the earth rotates

like a dial!
            Revealing the floorplan that holds
the sculptures of my work
as I walk up the steps of Purgatorio
a Kanafani.

Our guide says:
            “No, this is not a time for rest.
                        7 minutes, I’ll leave you
                        in a boiling camel tank
                        of scorching metal and
                        suffocating air.
                        7 minutes.”
When he came back
our faces had melted off.
Never think that you’re fated
to run the dial;
that’s God’s job.

You’ve been laid off           
of every line of responsibility
from each of the words on this page:

“Can you believe that we’re only
a couple lines, two dimensionally aligned
for your ends to meet your means?”

-Grant Durando 

No comments:

Post a Comment